Altierus Career College to Present $80,000 to Local Tampa Charities
June 21, 2018
The following article is from the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Altierus Career College will present five Tampa-area charities with grants totaling $80,000 at a luncheon featuring several local dignitaries on June 19. The dollars were provided by Altierus affiliate, ECMC Foundation.
The organizations were nominated and chosen by employees as part of the GO! Program, an annual giving program focused on Generating Outcomes (GO) in local communities.
The following organizations will receive funds at the event:
- A Kid's Place: A Kid's Place provides residential services to children from birth to age 18, who have been removed from their homes due to abuse, neglect or abandonment. It will receive $25,000 to fund onsite educational programs.
- Autism Shifts: The mission of Autism Shifts is to shift the outcomes of those diagnosed with Autism. It will receive $25,000 to refurbish the kitchen used for culinary arts training for individuals diagnosed on the Autism Spectrum.
- Bridging Freedom: Bridging Freedom's mission is to combat domestic minor sex-trafficking. The organization will receive $10,000 to provide staff computers and shared printers for child participant records, data collection, communication, education and security for the Safe Home Campus Program, which assists child sex-trafficking victims.
- Girls Empowered Mentally for Success: Girls Empowered Mentally for Success, Inc. (GEMS) offers gender specific youth development for at-risk girls ages 10-17. It will receive $10,000 to fund workshops about time management, personal finance, leadership writing, communication and technology.
- The Greater Brandon Foundation Angel Program: The Mission of the Angel Foundation is to partner with businesses and individuals to be a caring resource for families experiencing temporary crisis due to a life-threatening illness or catastrophic event. It will receive $10,000 to expand services to those impacted by life-threatening illnesses or catastrophic events.
Local dignitaries scheduled to attend the event include:
- Joe Kotvas, County Commissioner Candidate – District 5
- Angela Birdsong, County Commissioner – District 2
- Scott Hottenstein, Candidate, School Board Member – District 6
- Vicky Westra, Autism Speaks
- Mary Dozier, A Kid's Place
- Mary Bazole and Crystal Bailes, Girls Empowered Mentally for Success
- Liz Brewer, The Greater Brandon Foundation Angel Program
- Kristin Burke, Regional Philanthropy Officer, American Red Cross of Central Florida
- Dr. Veronica J. Walters, Founder and President – 7Streams Flow, Inc.
- Chantelle Daniels, Owner/Director of ReDefiners World Languages
Altierus Career College Tampa is located at 3319 W. Hillsborough Ave. in Tampa.